kyaa„ lucu banget.. lovely big bros <3
kyaa„ lucu banget.. lovely big bros <3
TYPHOON HAIYAN RIPS THROUGH CENTRAL PHILIPPINES
Typhoon Haiyan is a Category 5 storm, the strongest typhoon of 2013 and said to be the “most powerful ever” to make landfall (with winds near 195-200 mph). Perspective: Superstorm Sandy was at 95mph when it hit New Jersey; Hurricane Katrina at 129mph when it hit land.
- Pre-emptive evacuations affect more than 161,000 families or more than 790,000 people in 37 provinces
- Typhoon Haiyan as seen from space
- Haiyan makes 6 landfalls - it affected an island chain in the central Philippines, making landfall in six islands. It gained wind power as it traversed through waters in between.
- Haiyan traverses areas affected by magnitude 7.1 earthquake - The earthquake left more than 200 dead dead on October 16; 1000 injured; 350,000 displaced. The survivors have been living in tents and evacuation areas. It passed through Leyte, Samar, Cebu (2.5 million residents), among others. All with densely populated cities, some of which are the poorest provinces in the country.
- 100 people killed in Tacloban — first estimate of casualties in the city reported today, November 9. Because the communication lines are down, the news centers have yet to take stock of the full extent of the damage. But the numbers are still expected to rise. The devastation was described as if a tsunami had wracked through it.
- 2:03PM 11/9: An estimated 4 million people have been affected by the typhoon
- 4:20PM 11/9: 90% of Baco Town in Oriental Mindoro flooded
- 4:55 PM 11/9: Bodies still scattered in Leyte as Visayas in shock
- 5:19PM 11/9: Negros Occidental under a state of calamity
- 7:34PM 11/9: Local officials expect the number of bodies found in Tacloban to reach 500
- eta: 7:45PM 11/9: Iloilo and Palawan declare state of calamity
- eta: 8:04PM 11/9: Update: 134 reported dead
- eta: 8:30PM 11/9: Thousands homeless in Ormoc, Leyte
The victims need all the help they can get. Cities have been leveled, buildings made of concrete were destroyed by strong winds and storm surges. Communications have yet to be reestablished in most of the areas affected by the typhoon. The full picture left behind by Haiyan has yet to be established yet the devastation reported on television is already extensive. The government is bracing for large-scale relief operations. Virtually 1/3 of the country has been ravaged by this natural disaster. And we need help.
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card, cash, check)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
HOW TO FILE FOR MISSING PERSONS
Please reblog and add other details I might’ve missed!
Saat seseorang tidak menghargaimu, saat itulah kamu sedang dapat pelajaran berharga tentang bagaimana caranya menghargai orang lain.
I confuse how does destiny work? How does it communicate with dream? What are they doing now? Some times I just want to nicely wait. Yes, just wait, getting tired of doing anything. I just want to hibernate, sleep long, deep sleep without nothing happening inside
"Percaya bahwa kau juga punya cerita indah dari sang Maha Sutradara. Teruslah gantungkan asamu pada-Nya, berfikir positif, perbaiki diri, lakukan hal baik, dan kembalikan niat itu pada sucinya." aku, pada diri sendiri.
Senang sekali mendengarkan cerita indah orang lain dibawah arahan sang Maha Sutradara :))
Alhamdulillah, saya diberi kesempatan berada di tengah-tengah orang-orang kece ini!!
"We know what we want to do, but are afraid of hurting those around us by abandoning everything in order to pursue our dream. We do not realize that love is just a further impetus, not something that will prevent us going forward, and that those who genuinely wish us well want us to be happy and are prepared to accompany us on that journey."
_Coelho in Alchemist
There is no such place you can find all what you want, there is no such friend you can rely on every time you need, there is no such soul mate you like 100%, there is no such momentum as you exactly predicted, there is no such good you will embrace all the time because you really love it, there is no such…and there is no such… BUT WHY? Because your life was designed to be colorful with various stories loaded, not that cliched or banal as you though even imagined.
If so, shall we only do well sit and wait? be apathy of everything? HEY, there is no such things as free lunch. Your life is erratic, and there is no such an erratic things engender their appearance without any action stimulating. Even when you do not know exactly what you are doing, vague or ambiguous. As long as it does not harm your self, your beloved, and nice people around you, yet it shapes your mental fervency and maturity, keep going! One time, the answer will come and serve you with unforgettable taste, because there will always be nice place, good people, admiring things, and appropriate momentum collaborating together, in God’s recipe.
ABANDONED AMUSEMENT PARKS
I cannot stop surfing through these haunting Francesco Mugnai pictures. His photo series on abandoned amusement parks brings chills to my body as thrilling as the excitement I can recall back from visiting the amusement parks of my childhood. Here are all the memories rotting in fields and perhaps hosting some ghostly visitors.
Ini keren sekaliii… sumveeh!!!